I don't know what has happened to Jack's speech lately. All of a sudden he has a thick southern accent! I feel like I have lost mine, for the most part. Some words will always remain the same. Maybe I am completely wrong, maybe I have tricked myself into thinking that it is gone because no one else around me has one. I just don't know where else Jack could have picked it up, maybe he is just being silly..or maybe we're facing some sort of speech therapy...I don't know. All I know is, this is how he is pronouncing some of his words lately:
Hey Mama, what's theyat (that)?
I fell dayown (down)!
aayyyoooouch (ouch)!
Haayelp playease (help please).
We've noticed some words along the way that sound a little southern, like his first word..."Ba" aka bye. It just seems like he is drawing out some of his words more often and adding some extra syllables...this is something I was notorious for when I was a little girl. My Mom always tells me that when people would ask me what my name was, my response would be, "Maaayyree Graaayyce". So maybe its just in his genes, whatever the reason, it has given Clint and me some good laughs.
(Thanks Dad for catching my grammatical errors...sorry everyone for re-posting but I can't help but fix it once it's been pointed out to me!)
4 years ago
6 comments:
Mary, Mary, Mary. You have NOT lost your Southern accent. It's one of the things I LOVE about you! :)
This cracks me up! It reminds me of how everyone used to make fun of you in Mrs. Hill's class for pronouncing Tuesday, "Chewsday"...This is very funny...thanks for the laugh.
Oh my that is so dang cute!!! The last time I saw you, which I believe was courtney's wedding, you still had your southern accent. I can't believe that it would be gone that fast. I think it is great that Jack is picking up on it!
not fair! i've always wanted a southern accent! maybe jack can teach me:) he he
what's sad is that my mind knew how to say those words... Southern style of course
Oh man that's hilarious! I LOVE this post! Yeah...Your accent is still very much there, babe! We all love it though! I bet with this trip to Georgia, Jack's pronunciations REALLY turn southern! That's awesome!
Post a Comment