Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference

I absolutely LOVE Conference weekends! I LOVE listening to our MODERN DAY PROPHET AND APOSTLES! I LOVE feeling the spirit that is brought into our home by doing so. The problem is, as many of you may agree, keeping your eyes open! Now that it is broadcast right into your living room you can be in comfy clothes, lay on the couch, and somehow those soothing voices speaking about the Gospel will just lull you right to sleep....even if your not tired! Its really nice to be able to watch from home for the sake of the kids. However, I think I'm gonna have to get dressed up and sit on a hard chair next time. Thanks to DVR we get a second chance....maybe this isn't a good thing. Anyway, since living in California, we usually go down to San Clemente to Clint's Grandparent's house to watch it together. We were only able to make it down for the Sunday sessions but, it was lovely. Grandma and Grandpa are so sweet and the boys just love them! Eli took a nap in between sessions so we took Jack down for a walk on the pier...the weather was so nice! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the wonderful hospitality and yummy food!





4 comments:

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

ohhh im so jealous of your beach trip!! i have been itching to use our free plane tickets to come down to CA!!

Anonymous said...

Cute grandparents, cute Clint and Mary, and of course cute boys!! I LOVE Eli's teeth! He is looking more and more like Jack to me!

Jennie said...

oH i love how much eli looks like jack at that age! it looks like so much fun to go to the beach and hang out in san clemente!

Claremont First Ward said...

How fun that you got the beach, fun, family and inspiration this weekend!