Friday, November 21, 2008

I Got Tagged

First, let me explain this picture. This was summer of 2005. Clint and I were dating and I had come to visit him in Omaha. It was during this visit that he told his mom that he wanted to marry me....he didn't tell anyone else (including me) for a while. When he finally did tell me, he told me about this trip and how he had said to his mother "Mom, I choose Mary." He said that she started to cry a little...When he told me this i was thinking, oh shoot, she's sad about it. But he said they were happy tears. I took his word for it. And let's just get this out on the table...yes I was a little heavier when Clint and I dated. Its true love.

Jennie tagged me and this tag is about us and our hubbies!

What is your Husband's name? Clinton Randall Bartlett

How long have you been married? It will be 3 years in December

How long did you date? well....hmm. Clint and I were friends before we ever dated. I would say there was about a year of actual "dating".

How old is he? 27

Who eats more sweets? I know Clint WANTS sweets more often than me...but when comes to actual intake....me.

Who is a better singer? easy. Clint.

Who is smarter? easy. Clint. I do baby talk and get overly excited about the smallest things with Jack...give me a little break.

Who does the laundry? that would be me...and let me just say, its no easy task. We have to walk to the laundry (there are stairs involved) and since we have to pay for it we only do it once a week. So it ends up being about 4-5 loads that I haul down to the laundry room and back each week...... okay,after typing it, it doesn't seem that bad but I promise IT IS!

Who pays the bills? I do

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do...right by Eli's bassinet. I am happy to say that it is an empty bassinet now. Not because we got rid of Eli but because he shares a room with Jack now.

Who mows the lawn? The workers that the apartment complex hired.

Who cooks dinner? Me....as much as I can. But I do love our evenings when we have cereal for dinner. Clint actually prefers it some nights..I don't know what that says about my cookin'.

Who drives? Clint....I wouldn't say I'm an "excellent driver".

Who is the first to say they are wrong? Me... only because Clint's never wrong. I'm serious. He's a pretty reasonable person and I can be a girl sometimes. He has admitted to being insensitive a couple times...and he has been, a couple of times.

Who kissed who first? hmmm..... Our first kissed happened because we were seeing what it was like to have a conversation with our lips touching.....but i would have to say Clint took our conversation to the next level.

Who asked who out first? Clint took me to a drive-in my first trip to Omaha...he called it a date because he paid. He didn't really ask me.

Thanks Jennie...that was fun!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow, i don't even know if i would do the laundry once a week if i had to go to that much trouble! good for you! i love reading your answers you guys are so dang cute! I never heard your first kiss story, what nerds. that is so lame "lets see if we can talk with our lips touching" nice line. ha ha ha!

Hi, I'm Erin said...

You are so funny Mary. I love how you said you "had to go to Omaha." I don't know Clint that well, so it was fun to read your post... you sound like a perfect match w/ lots of fun times! Oh, and I love your Christmasy blog stuff... it gets me excited for Christmas!

Megan Bartlett said...

Good crap, Mary that was hilarious! I can't believe you actually thought Diana might be crying because she was SAD Clint picked you! OMG. I can tell you Ben and I were dancing a major jig when we found out! :) I've loved you (and picked you!) from the start!
And I can't believe Clint convinced you to try having a converstaion with your lips touching. Puh-leeeeease. Just lay one on her if you want a kiss! ;) I love you guys!

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

haha. i love that you said clint is never wrong. clint is very reasonable though, i will agree with you there.

The Cahoons! said...

The last two answers are so funny Mary! You guys are the perfect couple.

By the way, somehow I forgot that you had a blog...and finally remembered today. I think being alone a lot has made me brain dead.